This spinach soup recipe is a homemade delicacy at home. A gourmet soup can be bought anywhere but at what cost? Yes, exactly, don’t take it anymore. Learn to make Cream of Spinach and Artichoke Soup, homemade and better than ever.
With this easy recipe, very little preparation and 30 minutes of time, they everyone can master the art of creating mouth watering Cream of Spinach and Artichoke Soup. What more could we ask for? You could not have answered it better.
8 ounces Cream Cheese
8 ounces Frozen Cut Spinach
6 cups Rich Homemade Chicken Stock (make before the day that you make your soup)
1 pint Heavy Cream
1 can (13 – 14 ounces) Artichoke Hearts (Drain and squeeze most of the juice out of the artichokes and cut in 1/4 or just pull them apart)
1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
1 1/2 teaspoons Black Pepper
2 teaspoons White Salt
1/2 A Yellow Onion, chopped
1. Start this creamy spinach soup by adding six cups of rich homemade chicken stock to a large soup pot and turn the heat on the stove-top to medium high.
2. When the stock begins to boil reduce the heat to medium low and add eight ounces frozen cut spinach, half a chopped yellow onion, one tablespoon of minced garlic and the drained, squeezed and cut artichokes. Simmer for ten minutes.
3. Add the white salt and black pepper. Stir Well
4. (You may want a pair of latex gloves for this step). Cut the cream cheese into small slices, each time you cut a slice off add it to the pot until it’s all gone. Stir well, until it’s totally melted, approximately 5 minutes.
5. Add 1 pint of heavy cream to the pot and stir well. Simmer 5 more minutes.
All done, grab a few bowls and serve this creamy spinach soup recipe to your friends and or family and enjoy.